Auto Week on LIVE
- Michael and his co-host Maria Menounos check-out the hottest versatility vehicles that will be featured at the 2013 Auto Show in New York City.
- 2014 Dodge Durango
- Durango’s all-new standard eight-speed transmission, with class-exclusive rotary shifter, improves fuel efficiency up to 9 percent and enhances Durango’s fun-to-drive DNA.
- Now available with the latest Uconnect Access 8.4-inch touchscreen system with downloadable apps like Pandora and iHeart Radio.
- Customizable instrument gauge cluster with 7-inch full-color screen.
- New LED lighting technology, including standard class-exclusive racetrack taillamps with 192 LEDs, ties Durango to the latest Dodge family vehicle designs.
- Durango delivers standard three-rows of seats for seven passengers and offers up to 50 different seating configurations and 85 cu. ft. of cargo capacity. Available captain’s chairs provide easy pass through to third row.
- Best-in-class towing capability (up to 7,400 pounds).
- All-new from the ground up. Bold, game-changing exterior design points to the future for the Jeep brand
- More than 60 safety and security features such as ParkSense Active Park Assist System that guides the driver when parallel or perpendicular parking, Rear Crosspath Detection and Forward Collision Warning
- Industry first rear axle disconnect lets a customer have the peace of mind a 4x4 SUV delivers, but also get the fuel economy of a two-wheel drive vehicle
- State of the art technology: 7-inch full color reconfigurable LED instrument cluster, Uconnect 8.4-inch color touch screen with Bluetooth connectivity, music/info apps (Pandora, Aha, etc.), voice recognition commands to control the operation hands-free and voice-to-text features
- Legendary Jeep capability with the first 9-speed transmission in the segment and two new engines
- All-new for 2014, the second-generation Kia Soul urban passenger vehicle makes its world debut at the NYIAS. The iconic design is instantly recognizable yet thoroughly fresh, with more than a passing resemblance to the red-hot Track’ster concept that debuted last year at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show. Riding on a new chassis that is longer, lower and wider than its predecessor, the new Soul has grown up, allowing for more passenger and cargo room, while remaining nimble and agile and ready for congested urban environments.
- Powered by a choice of advanced four-cylinder engines – a 130 horsepower 1.6-liter GDI DOHC power plant or a 2.0-liter GDI that produces 164 horsepower – the all-new Soul offers a significantly improved around-town driving experience. A six-speed manual or six-speed automatic is available with either engine. Sub-frames with revised geometry and available electric Flex Steer™ pay dividends in terms of driving dynamics and steering feel.
- The all-new 2014 Soul takes a decidedly premium approach to its interior accommodations beginning with significant NVH reductions by virtue of a stiffer chassis and extensive use of sound damping materials. With available heated and cooled front seats, an available eight-inch touch screen navigation system with backup camera and UVO eServices – Kia’s next generation of in-car telematics and infotainment – an Infinity®[i] premium sound system with Soul’s signature beat-matching ring-LED front door speaker surrounds, leather seating and push button start, the new 2014 Soul is set to take New York by storm. Pricing will be announced closer to the Soul’s launch date.
- New clean, sophisticated exterior design with bold 19" wheels.
- Luxury-level interior design (Audi was benchmarked) with soft-touch materials and a roll-top center console.
- Excellent forward visibility due to the design & position of the "A" pillars.
- Thinner seat backs & tailgate result in more useable room inside the cabin.
- 30% more cargo capacity behind 3rd row seats due to lower floor.
- Reclining 3-passenger 3rd row bench seat.
- Revised suspension & steering result in Mercedes-level (GLK was benchmarked) handling & ride comfort.
- Quieter interior than most luxury SUVs thanks to acoustic glass windshield, increased use of sound-deadening materials, quieter exhaust.
- Power rear liftgate with adjustment for opening height (so it doesn't hit low garage ceilings).
- Safety: standard rear backup camera, available Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Alert, Pre-Collision System.
- Michael and his co-host Vanessa Williams check-out the hottest hatchbacks cars that will be featured at the 2013 Auto Show in New York City.
- BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo
- BMW is redefining the Gran Turismo segment -- first with the BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo and now with the 3 Series Gran Turismo -- by adding first-class seating for five and expanded luggage capacity.
- The 3 Series Gran Turismo features a longer wheelbase, more rear seat room and space for luggage, a power tailgate, and a standard panoramic moonroof.
- The 3 Series Gran Turismo will arrive in the U.S. late this fall and will be available with either BMW's award-winning TwinPower Turbo 4 cylinder or inline 6-cylinder engine.
- For more information: BMWUSA.com
- 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
- The 2014 Ford Fiesta ST proves once and for all that small cars are anything but boring.
- The turbocharged 1.6-liter EcoBoost® four-cylinder engine produces nearly 200 horsepower and 214 lb.-ft of torque, giving the Fiesta ST the performance and feel of an engine twice its size.
- The Fiesta ST is projected to achieve up to 34 mpg.
- For more information: www.ford.com
- Volvo V60 R-Design
- Volvo is bringing the wagon back to the U.S.:
- Making its global debut at the North American International Auto Show, the Volvo V60 R-Design sports wagon is designed for people who want the versatility of extra room, but still want the handling of a sports sedan – all in a stylish Scandinavian package.
- The Volvo V60 sports wagon features intelligent seating: rear seats can be folded down in three 40/20/40 segments, allowing its interior space to be configured for passengers and loaded in a remarkably flexible way.
Nissan Versa Note
- The 2014 Nissan Versa Note lineup includes:
- 40 hwy/31 city and 35 combined mpg,
- The system utilizes four small superwide-angle cameras mounted on the front, side and rear of the vehicle to provide a virtual 360° view of objects around the vehicle, helping the driver maneuver the car into tight spots.
- When filling the tires with air, the hazard lamps flash to let the operator know the system is working. When the correct pressure is reached, a beep of the horn provides notification.
- Standard safety and security systems include the Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) (includes dual-stage front supplemental air bags) front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags for chest protection), roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags.
- Michael and his co-host Kristin Chenoweth check-out the hottest performance cars on the market.
- 2014 Chevrolet Camaro
- The 2014 Camaro lineup includes:
- The 323-horsepower (241 kW) V-6-powered LS coupe and LT coupe and convertible – including the 2LS with an EPA-rated 30 mpg on the highway,
- The Camaro SS coupe and convertible, with a 6.2L V-8 delivering up to 426 horsepower (318 kW), The 580-horsepower (432 kW) supercharged Camaro ZL1 coupe and convertible.
2014 Jaguar F-TYPE
- With front-engine, lightweight aluminum architecture and rear-wheel drive, the F-TYPE is engineered to be a true high-performance sports car; reaching 0-to-60 in 4.2 seconds and has a top track speed of 186 mph*. Three models will be available – The F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and the F-TYPE V8 S.
- All engines drive through an eight-speed ‘Quickshift’ automatic transmission and steering wheel-mounted paddles for full manual control. The F-TYPE introduces a new sports car design language for Jaguar, with bold, clean lines accented by the discreet use of technology, including a deployable rear spoiler and hidden door handles. The Jaguar F-TYPE has a starting price of $69,000 and will be in showrooms in late May.
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTI
- Following its global debut in Geneva, Volkswagen will pull the cover off of the all-new United States-specification GTI at the 2013 New York International Auto Show.
- The new GTI will be powered by a turbocharged direct-injection gasoline engine (TSI®) that makes 220 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque in standard form. Featuring a new 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, the next generation GTI will offer an 18 percent improvement in fuel economy compared to the previous model. GTI models will come equipped with a six-speed manual transmission or DSG® dual-clutch automatic.
- The all-new GTI will hit dealer showrooms in 2014.
2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible
- The 2014 Corvette Stingray convertible, features an all-new, fully electronic top that can be lowered remotely using the car’s key fob. The top can also be opened or closed on the go, at speeds of up to 30.
- All of the performance technology and capabilities introduced on the Corvette Stingray coupe carry over to the convertible. The only structural changes are limited to accommodations for the folding top and repositioned safety belt mounts.
- Central to the Corvette Stingray’s driving experience is an all-new, more rigid aluminum frame structure, which is 57-percent stiffer and 99 pounds lighter than the current steel frame.
- All models are powered by the new LT1 6.2L V-8, with an estimated 450-hp and 450 lb-ft of torque. As no structural reinforcements are required for the convertible, both models share almost identical power-to-weight ratios.
- The LT1 combines several advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing to support an advanced combustion system designed to balance power and efficiency. The new Corvette Stingray is expected to improve upon the current model's fuel economy of an EPA-estimated highway fuel economy of 26 mpg. With the top up, the Corvette Stingray convertible is designed for a refined driving experience. A thick, three-ply fabric top, along with sound-absorbing padding and a glass rear window, contributes to a quiet cabin and premium appearance. With the top down, the Corvette Stingray's signature profile is further accentuated. Behind the seat backs, dual black accent panels enhance the character lines of the tonneau cover. Corvette Stingray's signature "waterfall" design originates in the valley between the nacelles, bringing the exterior color into the interior.
- Michael and his co-host Kristin Chenoweth are joined by automotive expert Alan Taylor who showcases highlights from the 2013 New York International Auto Show.
2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid
- The 2014 Infiniti QX60 Hybrid is the third hybrid in the Infiniti lineup
- Combined fuel economy is estimated at 26 miles per gallon
- The QX60 Hybrid’s large 19.5-gallon fuel tank, the same as conventional models
- It also offers Back-up Collision Intervention (BCI) system
- Goes on sale at Infiniti retailers in the United States beginning in summer 2013
- The system is rated at 250 net horsepower and 243 lb-ft of torque
- It also features regenerative braking to automatically recharge the battery during braking
- Recharges the electric vehicle (EV) segment with state-of-the-art innovation
- Offers an industry-best 108 Highway MPGe rating
- Unsurpassed frugality with EPA-estimated annual fuel-equivalent cost of $500
- Less than 4 hour recharge time and scored a perfect "10" on two EPA scales
- Is designed to keep electric vehicle (EV) ownership simple
Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid
- Uses a Subaru engineered Hybrid system and Subaru’s Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive.
- Offers all the capability and versatility of the gasoline XV Crosstrek.
- Shares the gasoline model’s Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and chassis capability
- 8.7 inches of ground clearance, the same as for the gas model
- Cadillac ELR Electrifies the Luxury Market
- Luxury coupe blends dramatic design, industry-leading extended range technology
- First application of Extended Range Electric Vehicle technology by a full-line luxury automotive brand.
- The ELR delivers on the promise of the Converj Concept on which it is based.
- The exterior establishes a new, progressive proportion for the brand
- interior introduces a new design theme that will define future Cadillac models
- Extended Range Electric Vehicle technology provides full driving range
- Exceeding 300 miles,combining pure electric driving and an efficient, range-extending generator.