LIVE’s Winter Lip Sync Travel Trivia
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID IN GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The LIVE’s Winter Lip Sync Travel Trivia (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to persons eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry who are permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the U.S., the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) or permanent legal residents of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), and who are physically located therein. Entrants must have either a valid Social Security number or a valid Social Insurance number for Canadian residents. Employees and agents of Buena Vista Television, LLC (“Sponsor”), American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., WABC-TV, LIVE with Kelly (“Show”), Disney *ABC Domestic Television, PKJ Entertainment Marketing, Sweepstakes administrator, participating stations, stations airing the Show, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, and any agents acting for the above entities, and their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, prize suppliers, or any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, domestic partners, children, siblings, parents) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether related or not are ineligible to win a prize.
2. Description: The Sweepstakes begins on December 23, 2016 and ends on February 10, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Entrants can elect to enter the Sweepstakes with a “Winter” themed photo of himself/herself (“Photo”) online or by mail or enter by mail without a Photo (as further described in paragraph 3) for a chance to play the “Travel Trivia Game” on the Show. Although the Sweepstakes begins on December 23, 2016, which is the first day to submit entries, the first day selected entrants (defined in section 5) may be contacted by a representative of the Show and given the opportunity to play the Travel Trivia Game (pre-taped or ‘live’ on-air) will be on or about January 3, 2017. Although the last day to submit an online entry and/or mail photo entry is on January 27, 2017, and on February 1, 2017 for alternate mail entries without a Photo, the last day selected entrants may be contacted by a representative of the Show and given the opportunity to play the Travel Trivia Game (pre-taped or ‘live’ on-air) will be on or about February 10, 2017. Potential selected entrants may be contacted by a representative of the Show for a chance to play the Travel Trivia Game on weekdays (or on a weekend in the event of a remote taping) from January 3, 2017 to February 10, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Play Days”) during specific Sweepstakes hours (defined below). The Show may elect to pre-tape, re-run or re-edit the Show(s) during the Sweepstakes Period with or without a Travel Trivia Game played, but may conduct the Travel Trivia Game(s) prior to the last broadcast date due to the Show’s production schedule. Each entrant who submits an entry (regardless of entry method) must give his/her permission to potentially be on the air via telephone and have his/her Photo (if applicable) broadcast on the Show by completing, signing and submitting an on-air release in a form designated by Sponsor (“On-Air Release”). If an entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, his/her parent/legal guardian must complete and sign the On-Air Release on his/her behalf, and he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a minor is defined as a resident of Alabama or Nebraska in the U.S., or a resident of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut or the Yukon in Canada who is under nineteen (19) years of age; or a resident of Mississippi who is under twenty-one (21) years of age (“Minor”). If an entrant elects to enter with a Photo, the Photo should be an amateur photograph of the entrant only. No other person should appear (and/or be recognizable) in the Photo. See section 4 for more Photo requirements and guidelines. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. For online entries, Sponsor’s time stamp is based on Eastern Time (“ET”).
3. How to Enter: There are three (3) ways to enter:
- b) To Enter with a Photo by Mail: Legibly hand print and complete the Entry Information as defined above (email address is optional) on a postcard or piece of paper (no larger than 5” x 7”); complete and sign the On-Air Release (available on the Websites or by mail as outlined in section 12 below); select a Photo (depicting the entrant and should not to exceed 5” x 7”); and mail together in an envelope (no larger than 6” x 9”) with proper postage affixed to: LIVE’s Winter Lip Sync Travel Trivia, P.O. Box 6429, Burbank, CA 91510 (“Mail Photo Entry”). No copies or reproductions of the online entry form will be accepted. There is no entry limit for Mail Photo Entries, but each Mail Photo Entry must be mailed separately.
- c) To Enter without a Photo by Mail: Legibly hand print and complete the Entry Information as defined above (email address is optional) on a postcard or piece of paper (no larger than 5” x 7”); complete and sign the On-Air Release (available on the Websites or by mail as outlined in section 12 below); and mail together in an envelope (no larger than 6” x 9”) with proper postage affixed to: LIVE’s Winter Lip Sync Travel Trivia, P.O. Box 11415, Burbank, CA 91510 (“Alternate Mail Entry”). No copies or reproductions of the online entry form will be accepted. There is no entry limit for Alternate Mail Entries, but each Alternate Mail Entry must be mailed separately.
4. Photo Requirements: For an Entry to be considered for the Travel Trivia Game, the Winter themed Photo submitted (if applicable) must meet the requirements listed below in addition to the eligibility and the Entry requirements stated in sections 1 through 3 above. The Photo: (1) should be a photograph of the entrant only and not be taken by a professional photographer; (2) must be the entrant’s original creation, who maintains he/she is the sole owner of said Photo and that his/her Photo has never been previously professionally published, previously entered in any competition or contest or won any award prior, and/or otherwise never been professionally exhibited; (3) should not exceed 1 MB in size; and (4) should be submitted in one of the following formats: JPG, JPEG or GIF. The Photo must not: (1) contain or depict any objectionable, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated material; (2) contain material that is invasive of another’s privacy; (3) depict any other objectionable material or gesture or include material that is otherwise unfit for publication/posting/uploading, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; (4) violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other proprietary right of any person or entity and must not contain, or otherwise make available any materials (images, trademarks, logos, etc.) that infringe upon any personal, proprietary or any other right of any third party; (5) contain the last name, telephone number(s), address, or email address of any person, including the entrant; (6) contain any visual references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms (or any depiction or representation thereof); (7) contain or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “commercial pitch,” promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation; or (8) contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network operated by any of the Sweepstakes Entities or the computers, of any individual or entity participating in or otherwise associated with this Sweepstakes. In addition, the Photo must not contain any material that: (1) threatens to give rise to criminal or civil liability; (2) encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or (3) encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities. If a Photo contains any other identifiable person, then that Entry may be disqualified from participation in the Travel Trivia Game (in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify, edit, crop, adapt, and/or alter any Photo however it sees fit and for any purpose without permission, notice or compensation to an entrant, Show participant or any third parties.
5. Travel Trivia Game Drawings and Travel Trivia Game Play: Approximately every week, beginning on or about December 29, 2016, an appropriate number of Entries, plus alternates, will be randomly selected from all eligible Entries (as described herein) in a drawing conducted by the Sweepstakes administrator (whose decisions are final and binding in all respects) located in Burbank, California (“Wheel Drawing(s)”). Non-winning Entries for a given Wheel Drawing will be included in all subsequent Wheel Drawings during the Sweepstakes Period. The last Wheel Drawing will take place on or about February 1, 2017. Additional Wheel Drawings may be conducted due to production exigencies. Only the selected entrants from a particular Wheel Drawing who meet the eligibility criteria and who have completed and signed a legible On-Air Release will be included on the list provided to the Show and numbered chronologically off-camera for potential Travel Trivia Game participation (“Selected Entrants”). Although an entrant may become a Selected Entrant, that does not guarantee that the Show will call, or that such entrant will have the opportunity to participate on the Show or become a Show Participant. Only Selected Entrants will have the opportunity to be a potential Show participant during the Travel Trivia Game segment when a Show representative or Show host calls (“Show Participant”). Prior to the Show taping, the potential Show Participant may be called at the telephone number on his/her Entry to arrange a connection to the Show by telephone for the Travel Trivia Game play during that day’s taping or broadcast. Each weekday that the Travel Trivia Game is played through February 10, 2017, a representative of the Show or one or more hosts of the Show will call one (1) randomly selected potential Show Participant (during the Sweepstakes Hours) according to the chronological order in which each Selected Entrant was randomly selected. Selected Entrants may be contacted by telephone during the Sweepstakes hours on a weekday (or on a weekend in the event of a remote taping), and the Show will announce ahead of time the remote taping dates and location (if applicable). Due to production exigencies, which may include but are not limited to host illness, pre-emption(s), holidays, hiatus, re-runs, guest cancellations, Show segment time overages, extreme weather conditions, etc., there may be occasions when the Sweepstakes Hours will differ without notice and/or the Travel Trivia Game may not be played. On the day of a Show taping or a ‘live’ broadcast, if the call to the potential Show Participant is answered before five (5) rings; if the potential Show Participant comes to the telephone within approximately twenty (20) seconds; and if the potential Show Participant is available to participate during Show’s ‘live’ broadcast (or taping), then potential Show Participant will be deemed the actual Show Participant and given the opportunity to play the Travel Trivia Game by answering that day’s Travel Trivia Game question about a previous Show’s broadcast or a general question about the Show (“Question”). Once the Question has been announced, the Show Participant will be given twenty (20) seconds from the time the Question is asked to respond with his/her “Answer” and will be given only one (1) attempt to Answer the Question. Prior to the call (or during the call), the Show’s representative or one of the hosts will spin a prize wheel to determine the prize(s) that will be won (“Prize Wheel”) for that day’s Travel Trivia Game. When the Prize Wheel stops, the prize(s) that lands on (or nearest to) the indicator will be the wheel prize(s) played for that day (“Wheel Prize”). If the Show Participant correctly Answers that day’s Question, he/she shall be awarded the Wheel Prize(s) that the Prize Wheel landed on. If Show Participant does not correctly Answer the Question, the Wheel Prize will not be awarded to him/her, but the Show Participant will receive a “Reward Prize” as announced on that day’s Show. Show Participant’s opportunity to Answer the Question may be taped or broadcast during the Show (in Sponsor’s sole discretion); however, it may not be aired in the final version of that particular Show. If a Show representative or the host(s) call a potential Show Participant’s telephone number and the potential Show Participant does not answer the telephone but another member or guest of the household answers the telephone, that potential Show Participant must come to the telephone within twenty (20) seconds, or he/she forfeits the opportunity to play the Travel Trivia Game that day and a representative from the Show will select the next potential Show Participant from the Selected Entrants list in chronological order. During the taping of the Show, if a telephone call is placed to a potential Show Participant and after the call is answered by the Show Participant, the call is disconnected, or technical difficulties are experienced during the call, the Show will make one (1) attempt to call the potential Show Participant back. If the potential Show Participant is still not able to be reached, then he/she will not be able to participate in the Travel Trivia Game but will receive a Reward Prize. The Show will conduct only one (1) Travel Trivia Game per taping/broadcast, and the Show will speak on-air with a maximum of only one (1) Show Participant on each Sweepstakes Play Day, if and only if, a Show Participant is reached on the telephone. Only the Show Participant whose Entry was selected for participation can play the Travel Trivia Game, and no other person(s) may answer for, (or on behalf of) a Show Participant. At the election of the Show, in its sole discretion, the Travel Trivia Game may not be played every weekday, may or may not be played during remote taping(s) or may be extended and/or suspended for a number of days or weeks during the Sweepstakes Period due to production exigencies and/or other promotions (e.g. to conduct other home viewer promotions). The Wheel Prize announced on the Show for each applicable Travel Trivia Game play, is final and binding and cannot be changed.
6. Prizes/Odds of Winning: Up to twenty-nine (29) Wheel Prizes: Up to one (1) Wheel Prize will be awarded for each Sweepstakes Play Day during the Sweepstakes Period (as described in these Official Rules) that may include one (1) of the following category of prizes: travel, cruise, cash, retailer gift certificate, gift card, merchandise, kitchenware, furniture, appliances and/or electronics announced on that particular day’s taping/broadcast, as applicable. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Wheel Prize: $3,000 - $20,000 U.S. dollars (“USD”). Up to twenty-nine (29) Reward Prizes: Up to one (1) Reward Prize will be awarded for each Sweepstakes Play Day during the Sweepstakes Period (as described in these Official Rules) in the form of a retailer gift certificate, gift card, and/or merchandise prize. ARV of each Reward Prize: $500 - $1,500 USD. Total ARV of all prizes offered: up to $623,500 USD. Odds of winning a Wheel Prize or Reward Prize depends on the total number of eligible Entries received and who provided an On-Air Release by the time his/her Entry was drawn. Limit one (1) Wheel Prize or one (1) Reward Prize per person/family/household per three hundred and sixty-five (365) days. The actual number of prizes awarded depends on the number of days the Travel Trivia Game is played on the Show and the number of Show Participants who participated during the Sweepstakes Play Days. The ARV’s of all prizes are furnished by the prize suppliers and travel prize ARV’s may vary depending upon the point of departure, destination, fare fluctuation, travel season, and if the winner does not take the allotted number of travel guests. If a travel prize winner elects not to accept a prize component or chooses not to partake in an activity included in his/her prize, no additional compensation will be awarded. Additional compensation will not be provided if the value of a trip is less than the stated ARV. For travel prizes, the round-trip coach-class air transportation component of the prize begins and ends at a major commercial airport near winner’s residence or in some cases from selected gateways as designated by the airline booking agency. Prizes, prize components, and services are provided by participating prize providers, retailers, merchandisers, hotels/resorts and/or airline carriers only (selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion). If a travel prize winner lives within one-hundred (100) miles of a trip destination, air transportation will not be provided, but ground transportation may be arranged in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route in its sole discretion (if applicable). Each travel prize winner and his/her travel guest must travel together on the same itinerary, and all trip components must be taken together on the same trip. If a travel prize winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian and such person must accompany the travel prize winner as the designated travel guest. If a travel guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian and such person must be deemed the travel prize winner. Trips must be booked at least twelve (12) weeks prior to the travel dates or on a timeframe set by Sponsor and/or prize supplier(s) in their sole discretion. Trips must be completed within one (1) year of notification of winning based on the Show air date unless otherwise stated by Sponsor and/or prize supplier(s) in their sole discretion. No extension or any change of trip dates will be permitted once the trip dates have been confirmed or booked by the Sponsor and/or prize supplier(s). Once travel has been confirmed, any cancellation or change fees or restructuring of a trip are the sole responsibility of each travel prize winner. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which will be stated in the Affidavit/Release (described below). Trips are subject to air/ground travel availability, hotel/resort/stateroom availability, holiday and black-out dates and all other prize and travel restrictions, as applicable (in Sponsor’s and/or prize supplier(s) sole discretion). Each travel prize winner and his/her travel guest must agree to all resort/airline/cruise line requirements including but not limited to any dress code stipulation (e.g. wearing shoes, shirt), code of conduct, and/or other conditions in Sponsor's and/or prize supplier’s sole discretion. Each travel prize winner and his/her travel guest must take full responsibility that any associated or inherent risk connected with any activity he/she elects to partake in on the trip, is at his/her own risk and Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any such activities or any issues resulting from such activities. If a trip destination is outside the U.S. or Canada, travel prize winner and travel guest (if applicable) are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents including passports and visas. The U.S. State Department requires all international travelers to present a government-issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information, visit the State Department's consular website located at www.Travel.State.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's website located at www.DHS.gov. Each travel prize winner and/or his/her travel guest must have/present at least one (1) major credit card in good standing in order to check into a hotel, cruise or resort. Each travel prize winner and/or his/her travel guest are solely responsible for providing all necessary identification documents and will be responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Failure to provide such documents may result in trip cancellation upon airport check-in. If a trip has a rental car component, travel prize winner and/or a travel guest (if applicable) must have a valid U.S. or Canadian driver’s license, be twenty-five (25) years of age or older and have at least one (1) major credit card in good standing, or rental car component of prize will be forfeited and remaining elements of the trip shall constitute full satisfaction of said prize. In the event that a travel prize component is not available during the time of the trip for whatever reason (e.g. weather conditions), then remaining elements of a travel prize or a prize component(s) shall constitute full satisfaction of Sweepstakes Entities’ prize obligation to travel prize winner and no additional compensation will be awarded in lieu thereof. All other expenses and incidentals not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and are each travel prize winner’s sole responsibility including, but not limited to: taxes, government fees, customs and import fees, service charges, unspecified ground transportation, air or hotel upgrades, unspecified meals, tips, gratuities, hotel incidentals, excursions, tours, port charges, laundry services, local and long distance telephone calls or other communications, mobile phone roaming fees, internet or wireless services, souvenirs, gift shop purchases, spa services, travel documents, trip and travel insurance, travel insurance premiums, baggage fees, required immunizations and/or other personal expenses. Gift cards or certificates cannot be exchanged/redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer and are subject to stated terms and conditions. Retailer gift certificate, gift card, or merchandise vendors will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All expenses associated with the receipt or use of a Reward Prize not specifically mentioned as being included (e.g., any requested upgrades/options, installation, customs or import fees) are excluded and are each Reward Prize winner’s sole responsibility. If applicable, gift card prizes or gift certificates must be used by the expiration date stated (if any) or gift card/gift certificate (or balance thereof) will be forfeited. No transfer of any prize is permitted. No substitution or cash equivalent for any prizes, except in Sponsor's sole discretion, due to prize unavailability for any reason and only then for a prize or prize component of comparable value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to replace any merchandise with a newer model or version of same; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the “old” (i.e., replaced) item for purposes of calculating the ARV. Prizes and prize notifications will be shipped to U.S. or Canadian addresses (excluding Quebec) only. Wheel Prizes and Reward Prizes that are shown in any marketing material or on the Show may not be the actual prize awarded. Any depiction of the prize(s) is for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state, provincial, and/or other taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. U.S. winners of prizes valued at $600 or more will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor for the total ARV, as stated herein, of his/her prize that he/she won in the calendar year that he/she won. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth in these Official Rules.
7. Winner Notification and Requirements: Each Show Participant who may receive a Wheel Prize or a Reward Prize is only considered a potential winner (subject to verification) until it is determined that he/she is in full compliance with all eligibility requirements and has completed the required applicable documentation issued by the Sweepstakes administrator. Each potential Wheel Prize and Reward Prize winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor) will be notified by telephone at the telephone number provided on his/her entry form on or about two (2) business days after his/her Travel Trivia Game participation and will be required to answer a series of eligibility questions by the Sweepstakes administrator conducted on the telephone (“Telephone Eligibility Questionnaire”) prior to being deemed a potential winner (subject to verification). Each winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor) of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to execute (and have notarized) an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and Publicity Release and any other documentation that Sponsor may require (collectively “Affidavit/Release”), which, among other functions, releases Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability. The original unmodified Affidavit/Release must be signed, notarized, and returned within ten (10) business days of receipt or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such potential winner. By completing a Telephone Eligibility Questionnaire and/or returning the completed Affidavit/Release, each potential winner attests to the provisions stated therein including the accuracy of the information contained therein and compliance with these Official Rules. Each winner (and if applicable any travel guest) may also be required to provide a government-issued photo I.D. sent along with the original documents (as applicable). If a resident of Canada is selected as a potential winner, he/she must correctly answer a time based, mathematical skill-testing question administered by telephone without assistance or mechanical/electronic aid to be eligible for a prize. If a selected Canadian potential winner cannot be reached within ten (10) business days of the first attempt to administer the skill-testing question, of if the answer provided is incorrect, he/she may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners who receive a Wheel Prize that involves travel must have his/her travel guest (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her a minor) execute and have notarized (and returned within ten (10) business days of receipt by winner) a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (“Travel Guest Release”). Only a travel guest (if applicable) who completes the Travel Guest Release, will be cleared to travel with the designated winner as part of his/her Wheel Prize (subject to airline and/or TSA requirements/restrictions). Travel prize winners may not change his/her travel guest without the expressed permission of the Sponsor (in its sole discretion). If a change is approved, the travel guest must complete the required Travel Guest Release documentation prior to booking any travel prize components. If a potential prize winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor, the prize(s) will be awarded in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian, who must sign the Affidavit/Release on his/her behalf. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted within ten (10) business days, he/she is found to be ineligible, if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, such winner will be disqualified, and the prize will be forfeited.
9. Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for Entries or On-Air Releases that are not submitted by the entrant or Entries that are submitted by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device) in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, postage due, mutilated, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and such Entries will be void. Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. By participating, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any unintentional production errors that occur during the Travel Trivia Game or spinning of the Prize Wheel and that the Show may address such errors in its sole discretion. For example, in the event that a Question is determined to be compromised during a Travel Trivia Game segment, the Show may replace such Question with a different Question about a previous Show’s broadcast or a general Question about the Show. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if, in a given U.S. or Canadian market, the Show is broadcast on a delayed basis (e.g. if Show does not air on the uniform date across the country intended by Sponsor); if the Travel Trivia Game is delayed or played after the Sweepstakes Hours; if a telephone call is entirely or in part interrupted; if a Selected Entrant is not reached by telephone prior to that week’s Show tapings or ‘live’ broadcasts; if a Selected Entrant is reached by telephone before the Show, but is not available when the Show calls to play the Travel Trivia Game for that day; or if the Show is canceled, delayed or interrupted, in whole or in part, for any reason. Entrants and potential Show Participants agree and acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for ambiguous Travel Trivia Game Questions, disputes over Answers to Travel Trivia Game Questions, or in the case of Canadian winners, disputes over answers to mathematical skill test questions. Due to reasons beyond Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Entities control, entrants and winners agree and acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; Websites’ incompatibility with mobile, hand-held or tablet devices; pre-emption/interruption/cancellation of the Show, any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, satellite, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider; wireless network dead zones or obstructions; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, Facebook, the Websites, the entry form, Photo upload mechanism, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrants (or any third person’s) computer and/or mobile device relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, or elements of the Sweepstakes and/or fraudulent (including unauthorized) gift card uses made with lost, stolen or misappropriated gift cards/certificates, incomplete (including inaccurate) gift card/certificate database information and/or canceled gift card/certificate uses; even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. In addition, all entrants, Show Participants, and winners release the Sweepstakes Entities from errors in the collection and processing of Entries; the interruption of the telephone call to play the Travel Trivia Game; the announcement of the prizes; the playing of a Travel Trivia Game; the cancellation or delay of any Show or Travel Trivia Game; the administration of Questions; incomplete downloading, scanning or submitting the On-Air Release; errors in Sweepstakes-related materials, promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, video, audio, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to (1) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the Sponsor, Sweepstakes Entities, prize supplier(s), or any of its agents, airlines, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact, or in law, relative to a prize (or prize element), provided by a prize supplier that are sent along with the prize(s). The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, strike, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. Governing Law, Jurisdiction, Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Los Angeles County, California, before a single arbitrator, in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure §§ 1280 et seq. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of Sponsor and the entrant or entrants bringing forth the controversy or claim (collectively, the “Parties”) or, if the Parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The Parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Each entrant agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action. Each entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event will entrants be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant be entitled to awards. Each entrant agrees to hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
11. Rules/Winners’ List: To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Winners’ List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: LIVE’s Winter Lip Sync Travel Trivia “Rules” or “Winners” (specify which), P.O. Box 6493, Burbank, CA 91510. Winners’ List will be available after February 10, 2017. All requests must be received by April 10, 2017.
12. On-Air Release: To receive a copy of the LIVE’s Winter Lip Sync Travel Trivia On-Air Release by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: LIVE’s Winter Lip Sync Travel Trivia “On-Air Release,” P.O. Box 6807, Burbank, CA 91510. All On-Air Release requests by mail must be received by January 20, 2017. To download the On-Air Release online, visit, www.LIVEKelly.com and click on either the Sweepstakes banner or text link, both of which will take you to the Sweepstakes home page that will contain a link to the On-Air Release.
- Entrants who submit an Online Entry must complete, sign and email his/her On-Air Release to Sweepstakes administrator at Live@EnteractiveSolutions.com with the subject line completed with entrant’s first name, last name and the email address used in his/her Online Entry.
- Each Mail Photo Entry must contain the On-Air Release along with his/her Photo and be sent with the complete Entry Information on a postcard or piece of paper (no larger than 5” x 7”) mailed together in an envelope (no larger than 6” x 9”) with proper postage affixed to: LIVE’s Winter Lip Sync Travel Trivia, P.O. Box 6429, Burbank, CA 91510.
- Each Alternate Mail Entry must contain the On-Air Release and be sent along with the complete Entry Information on a postcard or piece of paper (no larger than 5” x 7”) mailed together in an envelope (no larger than 6” x 9”) with proper postage affixed to: LIVE’s Winter Lip Sync Travel Trivia, P.O. Box 11415, Burbank, CA 91510.
- On-Air Releases from any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes will not be accepted.
13. Sponsor: Buena Vista Television, LLC, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521-0224.
14. Sweepstakes administrator: Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., P.O. Box 7398, Burbank, CA 91510-7398. Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prizes.
Official Rules ©2016-2017 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.